Friday, February 5, 2010

Raindrops and Splattered Dust

I gaze upon a stormy night. I fall on a raft and float away. A journey to distant lands. White water and muddy shores my constant companion. The sirens sing a haunting melody of sinister delight. I don't want their ballads of false hope, but feel compelled to jump. I know better. This leap of foolhardy faith is nothing new. I have sank in the murky depths below many times. Still, the voices are beautiful. I am enchanted. I am weak. I abandon the safety of my vessel. The aquatic black consumes my breath and darkness ravages my being.

I awaken. Somewhere new. I am someone else.

3 comments:

  1. This would be a great beginning for a longer story. Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annie. This is just my currant view on dating though. ;-) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for a new post! You have another blog award waiting for you on my blog: http://dutchhillnews.blogspot.com/2010/02/honest-scrap-award.html

    Take a break from reviewing! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete